söndag 18 januari 2009

Day 8 - at sea

Our second journey started yesterday and now we are heading for San Juan, Puerto Rico. Will arrive tomorrow at 3 pm local time (21 swedish time I think) . We have now discovered a lot of traps regarding crusing with these ships, you loose money all the time at things you did not calculated with. For example when we where in Mexico, they forced the guests to take a taxi and it cost 7 dollar . The time was to short so we could not walk , also the drinks onboard are fake, it is just syryp drinks and no real softdrinks . You also have to pay tip 15% on every drink so if the price says 1 dollar, for real it is 1,15 dollar . Even if you are not satisfied with the service you need to pay tips of 15% . I think it is a way for the company not to pay tax , a bit kriminell I think . All the employers onboard have a small payment every month and the rest is tipmoney . They also blow me away for 75 dollars yesterday . All the people onboard have an acount and to this acount you will have like a card connected that you use on the ship. No money at all, just this card and in the end of the journey you will have a bill and they take the real money from your kreditcard . On my seapass last week I had 75 dollars and suddenly all of the money was gone, when one journey ends they takes all the + money you have on your acount and they also take the money for the shopping onboard . Guess if I am angry now? It is a very nice ship, the employers are nice but the concept of business stinks . They did not kompensate me at all for the money they took . Someone earns a lot of money here and it is not me but the positive thing is that you always learn about everything that happens . Now we know how to handle things ..... If anybody else is thinking about a cruise, a tip is to call me and I will guide you so you dont fall in all the holes . Another thing that bothered me is that a big ship like this dont have better stabilisators , it is not windy at all but the ship roles all the time . A lot of people are seasick onboard.... Otherwise everything is perfekt onboard, good food, nice people, nice poolarea, a lot of sport on upperdeck . You always have something to do but as I said it is a lot of traps everywhere .... This week we have new friends at the dinnertable, from Hultsfred . Really nice people so we are loooking forward to the Captains dinner tonight so we can talk more with them .

Inga kommentarer: